Friday, May 13, 2011

Oh, Community!

Some of my favorite things, I started off severely disliking.

I don't know why, exactly. But it's true. Sort of like burning your tongue when you take a bite of something just out of the oven. It may be delicious later, but that first bit is more pain than pleasure.

That was the case for the TV show Community.

I saw the pilot episode, and I thought--wow, this looks stupid. And predictable. I don't think I'll watch this again.

I caught part of the epic paintball episode from Season 1, two episodes from the end, and suddenly, that was it--I was hooked. It's one of my favorite tv shows, now. And, this last Thursday, they showed a second part to a follow-up paintball episode for season 2.

This show has a lot of inside jokes, but a lot of it is funny if you haven't seen it before, either. Plus, it's just awesome, epic-y-ness. Not a jot of it, in my mind, is predictable. Not in the ways you'd expect. Seriously.

And who could hate something that so beautifully mixes paintball and Star Wars?

Go. Watch it.

1 comment:

kah said...

No. I refuse. I cant get hoked on another TV show. I already don't have enough hours in the day. lol