Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fulfilling a promise: rewards before blogfest week

Hey! I'm here! I really am!

I promised in my last post, before I had a fairly long break, that I would give awards, tell some truths, and tell some lies. I didn't lie! Almost, but not quite! Because, of course, tomorrow is Simon C. Larter's PG Love scene blogfest. And if that had been my next post, then I wouldn't have done all of this. And then I would have lied. But since I didn't, no lies were spoken.

Do you follow? I hope so.

OK, so to start it off, all of my awards are on the side, or will be soon. If they aren't on the side, then they're in the previous few posts. First of all, I want to open up the Circle of Friends reward to all of my followers--I really am just so excited at the number of people who have added me to their reading list, and it's just so awesome...you are all lovely and friendly, and deserve it!

I actually have been stressing about who and how I want to award the rest to, so I want to give a shout out and re-award the other four ribbons (Creative Writer award, Sugar Doll award, One Lovely Blog award and Lesa's Bald Faced Liar Creative Writer award) first of all to the four lovely people who gave them to me--whichever you so choose to take, gals, because I think you're all wonderful, talented and fun to follow:

Elle Straus
Amalia T.
Karen Amanda Hooper and
Stephanie Thornton

Sorry that I don't have more to hand out--I'd love to give back more, but I'm afraid I only have the five for you to gather and choose from, although I think you mostly all have all of them.

Then, I want to also especially *hug* and hand out the Sugar Doll award to some especially sweet blogging buddies. This goes to Jon Paul, who made me smile with his comments, Tricia @ Tailspinning, who is so wonderful and welcoming in her blogging ways, Shannon Messenger, who was one of the first to add me, and who makes me laugh with her Shannon shame, and Laura Canon, whose blog has a quiet quality, but is interesting.

Now, as for my truths/lies, the only thing I remember I'm supposed to do. I've sort of shortened it, because I need all the time I can get to prepare for the two upcoming blogfests this week (one hosted by Jon Paul on St. Patty's Day, when I perform the Highland Fling at work): here are my four lies and four truths. Which is which?

1. We traveled a lot when I was younger, and so I have been to 48 of the United States, as well as several other countries.
2. One of the states I haven't been to is Louisiana. Another is Hawaii.
3. I am allergic to fur, but I have had some very interesting pets...among them, a snake, several frogs (Hoppy, Junior, Carla and Sadie), at least a dozen goldfish, and now I have a pet pig, Wilbur. I know, kind of unimaginative, but he really looked like a Wilbur!
4. If I could, I would ballroom dance professionally for the rest of my life. I teach some, though I'm by no means like the professionals. I briefly considered trying to get on a soap opera so ABC would contact me to go on Dancing With the Stars.
5. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I didn't know for sure, usually. I had several ideas throughout my life: I wanted to be an angel, a Barbie doll, a mermaid, an artist, a marine biologist (for about a week), and then by the time I turned 13, I knew I wanted to write. Who knows which of these is most attainable.
6. I love to color--especially with crayons. The look of the wax, they way they smell, the way they write on paper--it's magical!
7. Kirsten Dunst walked right by me at work one day, and though I smiled at her and saw her, I had no idea it was her until later, when one of my coworkers started to talk about how nice she was.
8. I have a twin brother. We're really close, and finish each other's sentences and all that behavior people think is typical of twins (it's not always). But we don't look anything alike, so most people get really confused when we're around, and we always have to convince them that we're related. Oh, well.

So! Which is true, and which is false? There are four of each. Have fun....

9 comments:

Amalia Dillin said...

Haha. well if you had lied, then it would've been perfect to go with your award :P

Thanks for the love, Sarah! :)

Just Another Sarah said...

You're welcome, of course! :)

Shannon Messenger said...

Aw, thank you Sarah. *tear* I am SO behind on my blog awards, so it may be e bit before I post it, but I promise I will eventually (the querying process has been a LOT more time consuming than I thought it would be.) But I actually don't think I have this award so I'm excited!

Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your blogfest entries. ;)

Just Another Sarah said...

I'm so glad! You definitely deserve it!

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to reading yours, as well, Shannon. I'm sitting here, trying to write mine right now. I was going to go with a kissing scene until I read more of the comments on Simon's post...now I'm staring at my computer.

kah said...

Thanks for the awards. :)
I hope the wanting to be a mermaid was true since that's what my latest novel is about :)
I'm wondering if the ballroom dancing stories are a lie, but if not, that's very cool. :)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Thanks, Sarah! I do have the Sugar Doll, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate another dollop of sweetness. Makes me smile.
Those are hard truths and lies. I'm guessing the lies are #2,#4, #7 and #8. You made it tough!

Laura Canon said...

Thank you. Now I know what my epitaph will read!

Just Another Sarah said...

Karen: You're welcome, and thanks for guessing... but my truths and lies aren't even half as entertaining as yours were!

Tricia: You are welcome! You *are* a dollop of sweetness, in the best way possible, so I find myself unsurprised that you have it already. Thank you for accepting it again!

Laura: Haha! Glad I could be of assistance! I'm sure your epitaph will be much longer than that, though... :)

Jon Paul said...

Wow Sarah! Thanks for the award. I am truly honored you thought of me!

My apologies for being slow to get over here and get it. But that's fixed now!

Again, like, Wow!