Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blog-guilt

So lately, I've been feeling guilty for neglecting my blog. So today, I'm going to brush it off, get the cobwebs out of dear Bloggy's ears, and add my few cents to the day.

It is cold here today. Well, not cold by cold's standards--upper sixties and lower seventies are heaven in January, in this region. Or February. March. Often just a dream by the time we reach April. Perhaps we'll get there, by the end of May. But this summer has actually been warm, with temps in the nineties to one-hundreds, and I have been able to melt off the outer layer of ice that the last two winters bore. And now, I fear it's coming back.

But in other news--well. It's officially the last day of August. It's been a busy month for me, though not in every way I'd like. No writing was accomplished throughout this whole month, pretty much--well, not fictionally-speaking, and obviously very little here, as well. When the blog suffers, you know that other things must be going on. I've been training in to teach a new class, keeping busy at work. Trying to become a healthier person, too, by getting into a more regular work out schedule. And preparing to run about 5 miles in a marathon relay that I'm totally going to be terrible at. (Another topic for the future!) And now that it's about to be September, all sorts of new things are about to jump out, grab me by the scruff of my neck, shake me up a bit and demand my attention. All those little things we volunteer or (sometimes) are forced into really add up, you know?

But I promise, my dears--I hope it's okay with you all if I call you that? I'm running on just a few hours of sleep, here--I promise to be back. Because I have two reviews I'd like to share with you, one a book and one a movie. And because Bloggy is just purring so happily, now that I've allowed her to stretch out and get back into the social network.

Happy end of August to you. Enjoy the Kalends of September, which are soon to be upon us.

6 comments:

kah said...

Kudos to you for the marathon. I could never do it. And I feel ya with the blog guilt. I've been neglecting my blog too. Hopefully I'll be more attentive in September.

Just Another Sarah said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! And thanks--that's *attempting* these five miles or so of the marathon, though.

Amalia Dillin said...

I have so much blog guilt that I SHOULD be on blog hiatus right now, but I can't bring myself to commit to not blogging because I know I won't be able to blog FOR REAL soon, rather than just being busy writing. IF that makes any sense at all. But don't worry! My blog is going to be facing some serious neglect the second half of September, too!

I would be happy to have you back though :) I'm very interested in hearing what book and movie you are reviewing!

Just Another Sarah said...

Well, you should see the book today... :) I do totally know what you're saying, though!

Anonymous said...

I just got back from a blog break and it feels good. I could see myself burning out and decided that I should stop and regroup before I bore people with inane ramblings. Do what you can when you can. We've all been there. - G

Just Another Sarah said...

Thanks, Georgina! I feel like I'm there more often than not, so it's always nice to know that I'm not alone. :) Glad to see you were rejuvenated, yourself!