Monday, February 1, 2010

Sad face

I couldn't teach my exercise class tonight, and I accomplished very little today. Why? Because I have achieved my first-ever sprain, that I know of, anyway. Well, it was a sprain/strain, I guess. I went to the doctor and everything. Had it X-rayed. Showed my very, very swollen ankle (last night, it was like three times the size of the other one. The bones looked bulbous. It was so gross!). Now I'm following the rules of RICE, as everyone keeps telling me to: Rest, Ice (when I remember), Compress and Elevate.

I know in part it's probably from navigating over the snow and ice and general clutter of winter; but in part, it's because I'm a bit dumb about some things. Do you ever find that you think things just won't happen to you? Without any reason to think things like that? So, here is the major reason I think I hurt myself: I was teaching exercise classes while wearing running shoes when I should have worn cross trainers. I'm not even kidding. I mean, it was the other stuff, too. But it was because I figured, heck, why have a different sort of shoe when I already have one? What could happen? And then I taught in those running shoes, three days in a row, jumping forward and back and side to side and turning.

I should have guessed it when they didn't give me any leeway during that Zumba class I took.

So, it seems that I am forced to take a break from my regular schedule. Including teaching some of my classes. So now I'm just sitting at home, like a lump on a log. And it's just about killing me.

4 comments:

Amalia Dillin said...

Sounds like a great opportunity to catch up on your reading :)

Just Another Sarah said...

You would think so, but so far, it hasn't happened. I pulled up a certain document that I've been reading on my computer, perhaps something you would know (wink wink), and was motivated enough to read three lines. That was actually quite the accomplishment, for yesterday. I sat at work and hardly got anything done.

Amalia Dillin said...

Only Three Lines?!

Sarah, I'm beginning to doubt my story telling skills. (should I insert a sarcmark here?) How can you stop after only three lines?

Are you just hurting too much to concentrate? :(

Just Another Sarah said...

No, no, no--it's just my lack of motivation. Not you! I swear!