Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello, one and all.

So, Christmas has been in the air, of late. At least, here it has been. And as much as it annoys some people (read: my brother) to hear Christmas music before Thanksgiving, my parents and I have been enjoying the musical selections of the holiday season on one station of the radio. Every song, 24/7, is a Christmas song, and has been since Halloween. I heard it may be in protest of some group trying to ban Christmas music from the radio till after Thanksgiving. I don't really care--I love Christmas music. I love Christmas!

But I also love Thanksgiving, and all of its thousands of calories dishes. And I refuse to skip over it, even if I am in the Christmas spirit. Because really, I'm just in the holiday-let's-celebrate spirit. Besides, it's not the day's fault that there aren't any really catchy Thanksgiving songs out there. What would they even be? I'm Dreaming of a Chocolate Dinner Mint? How about Oh, Turkey-Bird instead of Oh, Tannenbaum? (Oh, Turkey-bird, oh, Turkey-bird--your legs and thighs are tasty. Oh, Turkey-bird, Oh, Turkey-bird--especially with gravy.) Or "Let us eat, let us eat, let us eat": Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the pie is so delightful--so since we've got snow and sleet--let us eat, let us eat, let us eat!

OK. See? This is why we don't have Thanksgiving songs.

But rest assured, I'm having a lovely, hearty, veggie-influenced (yum!) Thanksgiving this year--and I hope you are also enjoying the day, and giving thanks--I am, for friends, family, health, happiness, blessings, luck, and all that great food.

So, to put you into the Thanksgiving spirit, let me leave you with a few parting Thanksgiving thoughts.

Forever on Thanksgiving Day, The heart will find the pathway home. ~Wilbur D. Nesbit

You heard what Linus was saying out there. Those early Pilgrims were thankful for what had happened to them, and we should be thankful, too. We should just be thankful for being together. I think that's what they mean by 'Thanksgiving,' Charlie Brown.~Marcie in the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special

Family and friends
Give thanks and break bread.
Please pass the pumpkin pie.
~ Just Another Sarah :)


Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. ~W.J. Cameron




Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

3 comments:

Wendy Lu said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sarah! :) I know what you mean...my mom makes THE BEST turkey and gravy and stuffing and... and...

but I'm going to have to eat enough greens and healthy stuff to balance my epic dinner. XD

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

The Words Crafter said...

Oh my gosh!!! Those lyrics are gonna be CLASSIC!!! I'll have them in my head all day.... =P

Happy Thanksgiving!!! And thanks for making me LOL!

Ben said...

Just so you know, I agree with Tom about the Christmas music before Thanksgiving. This is one of the reasons I'm glad we have a satellite radio.

Oh, and "Oh Turkey-bird" should become a mandatory sing-along before anyone eats Thanksgiving dinner.