Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jamie love

It's official. I'm in love with Jamie Oliver.

Yes, the Food Revolution guy. Here are my main reasons as to why:

He's British, and so has one of the most fantastic accents in the world. IMO.
He's British, and he calls the girls on the show "Sweetheart" and "Love" and all sorts of terms of endearment.
He's British, and so when he calls the guys "Brother," it sounds like he's saying "Brotha."
Have I mentioned that he's British?
He can cook, and thanks to his cookbooks, I am becoming a slight/light/working at it gourmand. I think.

So, I have two of his cookbooks, and I'm so impressed. Never before would I have dreamed of touching fish with my bare hands. Fresh(ish) fish. And rubbing anything into the flesh was a no no. Nor would I have thought of putting broccoli or cauliflower into my mac and cheese (made with feta and cheddar, and rice noodles). Nor would I have thought of making lemon dressing, and mixing and matching salad toppings.

Jamie, you totally rock.

I think that when the baking blogfest rears its head, I will have to dedicate it to Jamie.

Edit: Picture added to appease Amalia.

4 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

LOL Jamie is a sweetheart himself :) I agree. I love Jamie too.

Amalia Dillin said...

What?! No Pictures?! I am disappointed Sarah! :) I wrote up my baking blogfest post already-- it is scheduled to go live on the date! I also wrote up my body language post! I was very productive!

Just Another Sarah said...

Allomorph: Have I mentioned I love your name? Yes, he totally is. :)

Amalia: Better, ma'am? :)

Amalia Dillin said...

Hahahaha! Yes that is better :)