You know how kids don't have merry-go-rounds at school anymore? Well, I'm one of the reasons why. Statistically speaking. I hurt myself playing that game!
I wonder if you know how it goes? One person is it; they stand in the middle, their eyes closed; then kids move around the outside of the Merry-Go-Round, trying to get away. Oh, yeah--and the Merry-Go-Round is moving. As fast as you want.
I have a little scar on my leg that has faded over time; it marks where my kneecap used to be when I was about ten. As I've grown up, it's grown down. a white, cock-eyed circular thing that marks where I slipped off the Merry-Go-Round and cut a very large, bloody and pebble-filled gash into my poor little leg. Trust me, it was painful. And I wasn't even it!
Blog-tag is not so painful. Or, at least, hopefully it isn't. I know lately, it's seemed like I've done nothing but blogfest, but I really am here, with other things to tell you. Amalia T., my lovely blogging/writing/other buddy, tagged me with some other lovely people, all who are delightful. Check her out, check out her links, and then, don't forget to return and check out my answers to this exciting literary sport of blog-tag. Five questions with five different(-ish) answers...oh, the thrill of it all!
Question 1 - Where were you five years ago?
- It's hard to believe now, but I was in college. Where did the time go?
- I was just getting into Ballroom Dance.
- In a very cold dorm room.
- In crush with some guy.
- In a good and happy place.
- Published. (Amalia, I'm keeping this one.)
- Home, after traveling the world.
- Living the dream!
- Among loved ones.
- Dancing with Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly....? (Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?)
- Work. It's not exactly 9 to 5, though--it's more 8 to 4:30 with a lunch break.
- Choir. Last one of the season! I have to go.
- I should be doing some writing. It's not too exciting--but it's historical, it is sometimes fun, and I get paid for it.
- Finally cooking that chicken tikka masala. (Thanks, Jamie!) And then doing the dishes. Shucks.
- Well...practicing for that Fitness class I'll be teaching...but I'm sure we all know that's not going to happen...
- Ice cream. Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream! Chocolate's my favorite.
- Peanut butter. Straight.
- Fruit. This is a category of its own. Almost anything goes! Strawberries, bananas, apples, fresh peaches, cherries, blueberries and raspberries top the list.
- I really like cold baked beans. This is not so much of a snack as a side, but oh, well.
- I also really like cold sweet potatoes. Nothing on them! (See 4!)
- Pay off my house and other such loans.
- Travel around the world.
- Diversify! Invest in my future, a few stocks, and let some collect in the bank. And donate some to charity.
- Buy something nice, and big, for my parents. Like a new house.
- Open up a dance hall in my non-dancing town.
Roland at Writing in the Crosshairs
Charity at My Writing Journey
Eric Trant at Digging with the Worms
Jon Paul at Where Sky Meets Ground
Laura Canon at Pray for Rain
So, check them out, y'all! (I totally love to say y'all. Does that make me a wannabe southerner? I'm from the northern half of the country!) And then come back--I'm sure there's a blogfest coming up somewhere that I signed up for and forgot about.